An industrial piercing, also known as scaffold piercing (UK) or construction piercing, is any two pierced holes connected with a single straight piece of jewelry . The ear cartilage in this case is pierced at two places.
How to Get A Self Industrial Piercing Done
Though self piercing is very risky and should be done only under proper guidance. These are some tips for those who are confident about pulling out a good job. However, make sure that you do not pierce yourself when you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- It is important that you sterlize your ear and all your piercing equipment.
- Take a pen mark out the angle you want on your ear. Make dots where the holes will go.
- Get someone else (with a steady hand and preferably some piercing experience) to do the actual piercing. Take a hollow needle, and pop it through the first hole. Do not shake whenyou are being pierced.
- Leave the needle in, clench your teeth, and pop it through the next hole. It is painful but itwas your choice afterall.
- Take two small studs and put them through either side of the piercing. (captive hoops arepreferred) This is only temporary.
- After the holes have healed nicely, stick the bar through.
- It is better if you do only one ear at a time. So make sure you make both the holes at onego. You don’t want to suffer twice isisnt it . Just finish it once and for all.
- Clean them with an anti-bacterial substance no more than twice a day, and no less than once every two days for about a month. Polysporin helps it heal amazingly. Just coat the bar, and stick it through the holes. Repeat daily.(The piercing community has decided that polysorin and similar actually can cause more damage then good, so use with extreme caution! You are better off with a simple salt water soak [1/8tsp of sea salt, not table salt, in 8oz of warm water])
Things You’ll Need
- A hollow needle
- 2 small studs
- A large bar (about the length of your ear)
- Anti-bacterial solution