Know the Fatal Dangers of Tongue Piercing
Dental damage, bacterial infection, keloids, allergic reactions, excessive bleeding, severe pain, nerve damaging are some of the common and curable infections caused by tongue piercing. Everyone feels that it’s really cool to have a tongue piercing. However, most people don’t realize the potential life threatening dangers of tongue piercing.
Here are the fatal dangers of tongue piercing:
- The barbell of the jewelry can become loose and can go down in a wrong way i.e. it can wind up in your lungs. Now you can imagine clearly the consequences, if it really happens with you.
- Your mouth is full of bacteria and it contains major blood vessels which can spread deadly infection to the brain which can easily kill you.
- Chances are there that you can get a serious infection like
Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV,
if the artist by chance uses unsterilized equipment.
- In extreme cases it may cause
which ultimately leads to death.
- It may cause
- Your tongue can swell so large blocking your airways, and ultimately leading to death.
- It can cause speech impediments.
- Deep cyst formation
- Severe damaging of veins and nerves
i.e. overgrowth of nerve tissue
, it’s a disease caused when bacteria enters the bloodstream and damages the heart valves.
Here are some dangerous consequences of tongue piercing:
- In one case, a 25-year-old woman who was admitted to hospital after her tongue swelled up. She was found to be suffering from a rare condition called
which did not respond to antibiotics. This news came in the British Dental Journal.
- In one case, a teenage boy in England died of blood poisoning after getting his lip pierced. This news was published in the London’s Telegraph in November 2005.
- In another case, a young girl died from
following a tongue piercing. This condition is rare, but it can happen to you too.
Think hundred times before you go for a tongue piercing!