Self Ear Piercing Tips
Seems like you are not much of a firm believer of a money squander, are you? If I had been in your place, I would not have thought two times prior to getting my ears pierced from a salon. Forget about money, all I need is ease and safety. Ear piercing is not that simple as you think. If a needle goes wrong, it results in long-lasting infection and takes several years to heal completely.
Am I terrifying you? I’m sorry if I did that. Anyways, if you are about piercing your own ear, here are some instructions for piercing your ear.Many people find it thrilling to self-pierce themselves. Though its scary and painful there are many who have sailed through it by taking the right precautions. A ear piercing may take 6 months to heal. Read on to know about a few tips on self-piercing your ears.
The following materials may be required to pierce your own ear.
- Gold/Silver Earring
- Anti-bacterial Cream
How to Pierce Your Own Ear?
- If you are buying piercing needles, do not buy them off of ebay because you are not aware from where they get or for what they have been used for. As they say they are brand new or sterilized, does not mean that they are so. It is best to buy them from an online store or from a reputed local shop.
- Ensure that you wear gloves throughout the process. If you touch something apart from the equipments you are using for piercing, then change gloves. This reduces the transformation of germs to new piercing.
- You must use anti-bacterial soap or rubbing alcohol to clean the ear before piercing it.
- You might have not bothered about sterilization. You might have not boiled the needle or heated it on flames. The temperature must be just right for sterilizing the needle thoroughly. In order to make the things go on well, clean the needle with antibacterial solution or alcohol.
- With one hand, hold the ear which you want to pierce, and with the index on top of needle, use the other hand to push the needle quickly through the ear. If you do it slowly, it causes pain and can also damage tissues.
- Some people may bleed badly. Use a cotton ball or swab for soaking blood and to ease bleeding. As bleeding stops, insert the jewelry into the piercing.
- You must insert the jewelry before removing the needle as piercings close in a matter of seconds to minutes. In order to reduce the chances of closing the piercing, keep the piercing jewelry at the end of needle so that you can slide the jewelry in as the needle exits the piercing.
- As the jewelry is in, place the ball, back, etc on and ensure that the jewelry is loose enough for swelling of piercing.
A person planning to pierce his/her own ear should follow the below mentioned precautions in order to avoid further complications or infections.
- Be very careful when you are putting on your clothes. The earring may get stuck in the cloth.
- Be careful when you comb your hair.
- Let the hairdresser know about your piercing, so that she is careful when she is combing through your hair.
- Rinse the piercing area with saline solution regularly.
- Clean the area every two hours.
- Expect some swelling at the piercing area. If there is pus oozing out contact the doctor immediately.
- Wash your hands before you touch the pierced area.
- Keep these points in mind before you get a self-piercing done.
- Sanitizing of the piercing instruments and after care will ensure you have a safe piercing.