How to Take Care of a Nape Piercing
Today, many young boys and girls are lining up to get a nape piercing, though it’s not easy to do it. Many people opt for a nape piercing and anyone can get it done, because it can be covered or exposed easily with great ease depending on the situation and occasion.
When done properly, nape piercing looks really sexy and stunning. Nape piercing is a surface piercing which is done on the nape or the base of the neck. If you are thinking of getting a nape piercing done, you should also know how to take care of it.
Nape Piercing Aftercare:
To heal your nape piercing completely, it may take at least 8 weeks. During this healing period, it is crucial to follow the nape piercing aftercare instructions carefully. Cleaning a nape piercing may be quite difficult for you since you can’t see it perfectly. So, if you think you cannot clean by yourself, ask your family members or your friends to help you. To clean your nape piercing, follow these instructions.
- Like any other form of piercing, your first step is to clean your piercing area regularly and keep the pierced area free from bacteria.
- Your professional piercer may recommend you to clean the pierced area by using sea salt soaks daily.
- To get these sea salt soaks, take about 8 ounces of water and add Â¼ tablespoon of sea salt into it and stir it properly.
- After mixing the solution properly, take a cotton ball and dip it into the sea salt solution, and keep it on the piercing for five minutes. You need to do this cleaning twice a day, and keep doing it until the piercing is healed completely.
- Make sure that you wash your hands with antibacterial soap before cleaning the piercing, or who ever is going to clean your piercing.
- Keep your hair away from the wound as much as possible.
- You may also need to avoid sleeping on your back, until your nape piercing is healed.