Snake Bite Piercing Aftercare
Snake bite piercings consist of two separate piercings on one side or both sides of the bottom lip and they are usually performed at the same time. This type of piercing suits almost everyone and is quick to heal. It certainly gives a funky look to the wearer if the right kind of jewelry is worn.
However, before you flaunt your new brand snake bite piercings, you need to take care properly, or else you’ll leave with an ugly scar instead of making a fashion statement. Read on and learn how to take care of your new piercing and promote a quick healing.
How to Take Care of Snake Bite Piercings
Like many other oral piercings, snake bite piercings can cause infection and many other serious health problems. But, you can avoid all these risks and problems by taking necessary precautions, following aftercare instructions carefully and using the right jewelry. Here are some important guidelines to prevent infections and other dangers.
- Clean your new piercing with a saline solution regularly and keep the piercing clean always. Ensure that you do this cleaning process at least two times daily.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands with antibacterial liquid soap before cleaning the piercing area. Avoid touching frequently to your new piercing and the jewelry, especially with an unwashed hands.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol, taking drugs and tobacco until the piercing wound has healed completely. These products can interfere with your body’s natural healing abilities and prolong your healing period.
- Use only a clean and soft-bristled toothbrush for brushing your teeth. Rinse your mouth properly with non-alcoholic mouthwash after every meal or after eating.
- It is also good to suck on anti-inflammatory or antibacterial throat lozenges for at least two weeks after getting the piercing done. This will help you reduce the swelling and pain.
- You may like to take pain killers like Ibuprofen if you cannot tolerate the pain any longer.
- You can also try taking vitamin B with Zinc supplements to heal the piercing faster. However, make sure that you consult your doctor before taking such supplements.
- Include cold foods, ice cream and frozen yogurt to your daily meal during your healing period to promote healthy and quick healing.