Facial Piercing Info: Healing Period and Aftercare Tips
Facial piercings have important traditional and cultural values in many cultures. There have been remarks and implications made towards scarring, branding and body piercings in religious guides and literature throughout history. But today, body piercings are not limited to traditional and cultural dimensions. They have become the main stream of fashion or a part of the urban and hip fashion society.
Now, you can have body piercings in any area where there is enough skin to puncture a jewelry. There are various types of facial piercing for both boys and girls. So, if you are planning to have facial piercings, you may like to know the healing time of each facial piercing and how you can take care of them.
Facial Piercings Healing Time:
Each facial piercing will have different healing time. It will also differ from person to person depending on one’s health and how she/he take care of the new piercing. The average time of each facial piercing are given below.
- Nose piercings usually take 4-6 weeks to heal the wound completely.
- Septum piercing usually takes nearly 8-9 weeks to heal the piercing completely.
- Eyebrow piercings usually take 6-8 weeks to heal properly.
- Bridge piercing takes almost 11 weeks for healing.
- Lip piercings take 7-9 weeks to heal the piercing completely.
- Labret piercings usually take 6-8 weeks for healing.
- Cheeks piercings need minimum six weeks to heal properly.
- Tongue piercing usually takes only 3-4 weeks to heal the piercing wound completely.
Facial Piercing Aftercare Guide:
After getting a new facial piercing done, make sure that you follow aftercare instructions carefully in order to prevent infection and promote healthy healing . Here are some basic aftercare guides you should follow to make your piercing heal faster without infections.
- Be sure to wash your hands with antibacterial soap before touching and cleaning your piercings. This will help reduce the risk of getting infections.
- Make sure that you keep your new piercing clean always. Clean the piercing with saline solution by using clean cotton swabs daily.
- Avoid handling and playing with the new piercing jewelry. Touching the piercing and jewelry too often can cause irritation and triggers infections.
- Avoid removing and changing the jewelry until and unless the piercing has healed completely.