Anti Tragus Piercing Aftercare
Anti tragus piercing has becoming very popular – in fact anti tragus piercing is the most common piercing. Ear piercings are the most familiar type of body piercing and anti tragus and tragus piercings are fresh expressions of the ear lobe piercing. Anti tragus piercing is categorized under cartilage piercing. Thus, it must be done using a needle and not with an ear gun.
This is so because cartilage skin is thick and ear gun can’t pierce thick skin because it is made specially for ear lobe piercing. Thus if the piercer suggests to pierce with the ear gun, never agree for it as cartilage piercing with ear gun can trigger infections. Let us look at the anti tragus piercing aftercare instructions.
Aftercare Instructions for Anti Tragus
Anti tragus piercing takes 8 – 16 weeks to heal completely, sometimes it may also take a year to heal fully. During the healing process, one must take utmost care to avoid infections. You may also experience crustiness, bleeding and pain in the initial days after getting the piercing done. You must consult the medical practitioner if these stay for a long period. Before we move on to the aftercare instructions let us take a quick look on what is an anti-tragus piercing.
How is Anti-Tragus Done?
Firslty, the spots would be marked over the cartilage (just above the ear lobe). Now a needle is pierced through the cartilage. After this, a captive bead ring or a circular barbell is inserted into the location.
After care involves cleaning the location using saline solution on a daily basis. Healing time can be anywhere between 6 months to 1 year. However, the piercing would be completely healed in the period of 1 year.
An anti-tragus is a unique ear piercing and can can give a stylish look. However, make sure you get your piercing from a professional. Improper placement and wrong jewelry can make the piercing a failure. Selecting a clean and hygienic piercing studio is also important. So, get your anti-tragus and get stylish.
Captive bead rings, curved barbells, circular barbells, ball closure rings are generally used. Jewelry made of PTFE material is also a good option for this piercing jewelry. If you have allergies, stay away from nickel and choose only PTFE, steel or titanium.
The following tips will help in taking good care of anti-tragus piercing.
- You must clean the piercing twice or thrice a day.
- Take a clean cotton ball and soak it in the disinfectant solution. Now use this cotton ball to clean the skin around the piercing jewelry. Ask the body piercer to suggest a disinfecting solution or you prepare a saline solution.
- Ensure that you soak the area near the jewelry such that the solution gets into the piercing. Gently rotate the jewelry as to let the solution enter the piercing.
- You should not scrape the any crust formed near the piercing because it can cause infection.
- You should not just the jewelry frequently because the germs and dirt may infect the piercing.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap before touching, changing or cleaning the piercing jewelry.
- Never let anyone touch the piercing until it heals fully.
- Make a point to change pillow covers every alternate days as it lessens the chances of getting an infection.
- Avoid using earphones and be very careful while talking over phone.
These are some useful anti tragus piercing aftercare instructions. These tips may help you to get rid of infections if any or prevent them from occurring.