Places to Get Pierced
You have never done any piercings before or you have and want to get another piercing done, you may find yourself wondering about the places to get pierced. This article offers you the factors to consider before making your choice and the places where you can have the piercings done.
Considerations before deciding on places to get pierced
- Do you want a piercing visible to others or should it be in a place where your workmates and employer can’t see it?
- Do you want a fast healing piercing?
- Are you interested in a piercing where you can change you jewelry often once it has healed?
- The purpose of your piercing, is it functional or decorative?
- And finally are you interested in something unique and wild or conservative and subdued.
After putting these factors in the picture here are the best places to get pierced:
- Your face is forever visible and any piercing done here is bound to be seen. You can do a piercing on the eyebrow, lips, nose, ears and chin.
- For invisibility depending on your dress code you can have you navel done, nipples, genitals, back, the sides of your body and even your tongue though you may have to be careful when you talk to your boss for that one.
- Fast healing requires areas where the risks of contamination, migration and rejection are low. This would eliminate majority of the surface piercings such as the navel and back. The best areas for this would be the ears, nose which take two to three weeks to heal depending on your skin.
- For the navel, nose, and ears, once they are healed you can change the jewelry as often as you please; other areas are a bit tricky. For the piercings done on the surface of the skin the original piercings are your best options and maybe once in a while change.
- The difference between functional and decorative maybe relative depending on the person who is getting the piercing. So make that decision on your own.
- By conservative, we mean the ordinary everyday piercings. Unique or wild may cover piercings in unusual areas such as the forehead, back, genitals ribcage piercings and probably toes and fingers.
Whatever you do, make sure that your skin type can support the chosen piercing otherwise you may end up with bumps growing out of your skin or having a terrible allergic reaction.