Eyebrow Piercings Aftercare Tips
Body piercings are very fashionable and popular today, so are eyebrow piercings. It is a great way to express yourself. But, besides this beauty and popularity, you need to be really careful after have your piercing done. In this article, you can find many tips for eyebrow piercings aftercare.
The following aftercare instructions will help in avoiding infections that usually occur due to body piercing. Infections generally occur due to improper hygiene and improper care of the pierced area.
- Clean Hands: First, you need to make sure that you touch your piercing with clean hands. Your hands have to be washed with an antibacterial soap preferably.
- Keeping the Area Clean: You need to keep your piercings clean, especially safe from dust and irritants. You need to clean it at least thrice in a day.
- Soap: You also need to wash the piercing and the ring with antibacterial soap. You can use a cotton swab to remove the crustiness. Then, you need to remove the soap leftover after rinsing it. Dry it with paper towel. If you use a bath towel, it is highly possible for germs to spread.
- Cleaning Pierced Area: You can use a salt and water mixture to clean it. But, make sure that your eyes are not exposed to the water since it can cause some irritations. You can also use a squirt bottle to clean your piercing. Place the towel under your piercing and cover your eyes. Water will be squirted all around your piercing. You need to repeat this work for several times.
- Alcohol Application: You never should apply any kind of alcohol on the piercing, including hydrogen, betadine and peroxide.
- Vitamins: You can consume vitamin C containing food in order to shorten the healing process.
- Makeup: You should not wear any makeup near the pierced area. Cosmetics can include some bacteria that would cause infection and irritation.
- Swimming: You need to avoid swimming until the wound is totally healed. No matter the water might seem clean or it even could be clean but, it can contain some bacteria that causes infection.
- Brushing: You can use a very soft toothbrush to remove the crusting.
- While Sleeping: You should avoid sleeping with your face down in order to prevent any risk.
- Consult a Doctor: Mostly important, if you see any swelling or redness, immediately consult a piercer or a doctor.
These aftercare tips will help you to take care of your eyebrow piercing.