Taking Care of Navel Piercings
Having navel piercings is a painless process and it looks very fashionable with a bikini or a short top. But, even if it is a easy process, aftercare is quite important. For some people, healing a navel piercing takes a long time. But, you can heal your piercing in shorter time. Aftercare also provides you a chance to avoid infections.
How to Take Care of Navel Piercings?
- You need to wash it two times in a day. But, make sure that you use antibacterial soap. And, try not to over-wash it.
- Put some rock salt in a glass of boiled water. Then, let it cool. Next, you need to lean towards the glass. You can put in on your piercing. If everything is done well, glass will heal and it will not leak. You need to keep it for ten minutes.
- Take a clean tissue and dab the navel. Then, dry the water. Don’t use a towel or cloth. They might have some germs and bacteria. You can keep doing this for 3 or 4 months until the piercing is totally healed.
- When you are taking shower, do not add strong oils or soaps in the water. Take your shower with clean water.
- While you are taking shower, do not shave any part of your body. A small hair can go through the piercing. You can shave your hair after preventing wetting of the piercing.
- Try not to wear big belts. Otherwise, they will put pressure on navel piercings and stop it from getting fresh air.
- You also need to wear loose tops. Tight clothes will rub the piercing and cause some irritations.
- The fabric of your clothes should also be chosen carefully. You need to wear soft fabrics such as cotton.
- Do not move the jewelery on the piercing often. If you want to see it, use a mirror.
- Whenever you touch your piercing, sterilize your hands before touching.
- If you go to a pool or a spa, clean the piercing with antibacterial soap right after the session. You can also use a waterproof bandage.
These tips will help you to heal your navel piercings in a very short time. Afterwards, you can enjoy the wonderful look of your belly button.